Andrew Barker's Class Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Research Topic for INLS200

Current Topic: An in depth analysis of the 2007-08 college football season.

Primary question: Why does D1 NCAA football not have a playoff?

Sub questions: What are the economic repurcussions of a playoff?
What is the ACC's and UNC's respective perspective in regards to a playoff?

Edit for exercise III:

Physical: I used all my known resources to scan the internets and locate all I could in regards to discussion specific to Division I college football and a playoff. I looked at a lot of sites that I know are vast in college football resources.

Affective: I feel fantastic. I was able to locate a good deal of information in regards to my topic.

Cognitive: I think that I was able to do a pretty good job--this was a good time to get my feet wet and dive into the abyss that is the internets. I can't wait to do more researching and get better at finding information about my topic.

2 comments:

Leo C said...

Football and and economics definitely would be a very interesting area to investigate, but I think your questions needs to be re worked.

There are plenty of information of economics of playoffs, and the intricacies of sports funding are quite complex as well. Get some thoughts down and new questions, I'll be around a while after class.

Leo C said...

also, multiple blogs are fine but the one linked to class should be specific to the class, just put the none class related content to another blog and link to it.