Andrew Barker's Class Blog

Monday, September 17, 2007

9/17/07 Post Replacing Class

So today we don't have class because it is the 75th anniversary of SILS. Congratulations to this program on reaching a significant milestone--this is the program that is ranked near the top nationally and they deserve a lot of credit.

Instead of class, I did a information search session today on my topic of the Family Economics of D1 Scholarships. It is going to be tough to find information on such a specific topic, however I have had some success. Using the new search engine tools I have been able to find a small amount of information related to my topic. However, there isn't a lot of information directly related to my exact topic. There is a good deal of information out there on NCAA D1 scholarships and on families, but hopefully by the end of the semester I can have the best index out there on the Family Economics of D1 Scholarships. The place where I have been able to find the largest amount of information is thru the Ejournal finder which searches research papers, there is more information out there in professional journals rather than specific books or websites. Hopefully my research progress can continue at this rate--so far, so good.

2 comments:

Leo C said...

andrew, hows the project coming?

Leo C said...

here's another interesting view on college athletics as an entertainment industry, w/ quotes from friday, previous unc chancellor